Tuesday 5 December 2017

The Great Newton Aycliffe Tornado of 1995

Main Menu - click above

Paul Burns and I were driving to the boozer in Aycliffe Village for a liquid lunch on Friday 8th September 1995 -

me -           "There's a tornado!"
Burnsy -    "Hadaway and shite."
me -            "No, look man, over there!"
Burnsy -    "Fuck me! Yer right!"

Paul drove his black Fiesta off the road and we watched the Great Newton Aycliffe Tornado for about 5 minutes. I phoned Tyne Tees TV when I got home, talked to the weatherman Bob, and the sighting was mentioned on the telly that night. Soon after, a bloke phoned me from the Met office -







From "Journal of Meteorology" here

Seven years after this sighting, I was lucky enough to see another tornado here in the North of England. This time I had a video camera. More bad language can be found here


Please help beat cancer - DONATE click above

 

A STEAMPUNK NOVEL, FULL OF
ANARCHIC EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE


"Hodges emitted a scream the like of which
I hadn't heard since his scrotum was burned off
during my experiment with fluorine gas last year."


The Exotic Experimentation of Ernest Glitch,
Victorian Science with a Smile

More information & sample chapters here

Search for Ernest Glitch on your Kindle
or visit Amazon -
UK here
USA here


Unrelated to this post, below is an example of
eclectic science esoterica 

Chauliodus sloani abyssal fish,  Straits of Messina. Prof. Francesco Costa



Main Menu - click above
WARNING - Many subjects outlined within this site are extremely dangerous and are provided here for information only. Please don`t experiment with high voltages or chemicals unless you are fully conversant with safe laboratory practices. No liability will be accepted for death, injury or damage arising from experimentation using any information or materials supplied.